Twitter icon


Facebook icon

About this site
About us
Our beliefs
Is this your first visit?
Contact us
External links

Recommended books

Visitors' essays
Our forum
New essays
Other features
Buy a CD of this site
Vital notes

World religions
BUDDHISM
CHRISTIANITY
Christian def'n
 Shared beliefs
 Handling change
 Bible topics
 Bible inerrancy
 Bible harmony
 Interpret the Bible
 Persons
 Beliefs & creeds
 Da Vinci code
 Revelation 666
 Denominations
HINDUISM
ISLAM
JUDAISM
WICCA / WITCHCRAFT
Other religions
Cults and NRMs
Comparing Religions

Non-theistic beliefs
Atheism
Agnosticism
Humanism
Other

About all religions
Main topics
Basic information
Gods & Goddesses
Handling change
Doubt & security
Quotes
Movies
Confusing terms
Glossary
End of the World?
True religion?
Seasonal events
Science vs. Religion
More information

Spiritual/ethics
Spirituality
Morality & ethics
Absolute truth

Peace/conflict
Attaining peace
Religious tolerance
Religious freedom
Religious hatred
Religious conflict
Religious violence

"Hot" topics
Very hot topics
Ten Commandments
Abortion access
Assisted suicide
Cloning
Death penalty
Environment

Same-sex marriage

Homosexuality
Human rights
Gays in the military
Nudism
Origins
Sex & gender
Sin
Spanking
Stem cells
Transexuality
Women-rights
Other topics

Laws and news
Religious laws
Religious news

 

 

Religious Tolerance logo



Transgender persons and transsexuals:

A brief, one minute explanation
of why transsexual adults have a
gender identity different from
their birth-assigned gender:

horizontal rule

An exchange of opinions on The Blaze web site:

On 2017-JAN-04, "Citationbob" posted the following comment to an article about transgender individuals on The Blaze web site. He described the difference between girls and boys, between women and men:

"Remember the little boy in the movie Kindergarten Cop?

'Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina'

Yes people, it is really that simple!!!!!

Unfortunately it isn't that simple.

The next day, the author of this essay posted a comment to The Blaze article saying:

"That is true for about 99.4% of the human race who are cisgender individuals. But the remaining 0.6% are transgender. In most cases, this means that their genital structures, which almost always come in a standard male or female shape, define whether they are declared to be male or female at birth. But everybody also has another pair of recently discovered structures in the brain that tell them what their gender identity is. They come in either a male or female version. A transgender adult will have female structures in their genital region and male structures in their brain, or vice versa. This discordance can cause massive conflict in people, often leading to suicide. The brain structures cannot be changed! For some people, the best option is to change their genital structures and/or take hormones so that their body more closely resembles the gender of their brain structures.
See: http://www.religioustolerance.org/sexual-research-discoveries-about-transgender-persons-1.htm#dim

In short, a transgender adult has female body and a male brain, or vice versa. This is just what transgender individuals have been saying all along. It turns out that their statements are literally true. They are not confused. Counseling of transgender adults to try to change their gender identity is ineffective.

horizontal rule

References used:

The following information sources were used to prepare and update the above essay. The hyperlinks are not necessarily still active today.

  1. Sara Gonzales, "Pediatrician group speaks out against National Geographic’s 9-year old ‘trans’ cover," The Blaze, 2017-JAN-03, at: http://www.theblaze.com/

Site navigation:

 Home > Transgender persons > here

 Home > "Hot" topics > Transgender persons > here

 Home > Christianity > Christian history, belief... > Beliefs > Transgender persons > here

Home > Christianity > History, practices... > Christian practices > Transgender persons > here

Home > Religious Information > Basic data > Transgender persons > here

Home > Human rights > Transgender persons > here

Home > Morality and ethics > Transgender persons > here

Originally written: 2017-JAN-05
Originally posted on: 2017-JAN-05
Latest update: 2017-JAN-12
Author: B.A. Robinson

line.gif (538 bytes)
Sponsored link

Go to the previous page, or go to the "transgender/transsexual" menu, or choose:

Google
Web ReligiousTolerance.org

Go to home page  We would really appreciate your help

E-mail us about errors, etc.  Hot, controversial topics

FreeFind search, lists of new essays...  Having problems printing our essays?


Twitter link

Facebook icon

Google Page Translator:

This page translator works on Firefox,
Opera, Chrome, and Safari browsers only

After translating, click on the "show
original" button at the top of this
page to restore page to English.

 
Sponsored links