interpreting Bible passages on sexuality.
Books about human sexuality.
Books interpreting biblical passages on human sexuality:
The Bible presents a serious problem. There is a general consensus on what it says in its passages dealing with sex, but there is no agreement on what it means. There is not even agreement on the technique that should be used to extract the meaning from the text. As a result, theologians have reached very different interpretations of passages that touch on human sexuality. The problem is seen in other topics as well.
- Michael Coogan, "God and Sex: What the Bible really says," Twelve, (2010). Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store
- Tom Gruber, "What the Bible 'Really' says About Sex: A New Look at Sexual Ethics from a Biblical Perspective," Trafford Publishing, (2006). Read reviews or order this book
- Kay Arthur, "Sex According to God: How to Walk with Purity in a World of Temptation," WaterBrook Press, (2005). Read reviews or order this book
- Philip Thelos, "Divine Sex: Liberating sex from religious tradition," Trafford Publishing, (2006). Read reviews or order this book
- L. William Countryman, "Dirt, Greed, and Sex: Sexual Ethics in the New Testament and Their Implications for Today," Fortress Press, (2007). Read reviews or order this book
- Jennifer Wright Knust, "Unprotected Texts: The Bible's Surprising Contradictions About Sex and Desire," HarperOne, (2011). Read reviews or order this book
Books on the general topic of human sexuality:
Books on the topic of abstinence:
If either of the above graphics show a default Amazon.com ad, please click on your browser's refresh icon.
Copyright © 1997 to 2011, by Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Latest update: 2011-JUN-12
Author: B.A. Robinson