The impact of religion on homosexuality and bisexuality
Beliefs of individual Christian, Jewish, and Unitarian
theologians -- mostly mainline/liberal
Survey of 19 Christian, Jewish, and Unitarian Universalist theologians and clergy:
This document was derived from a survey by Parents and Friends of Lesbian and Gays 1 and reported by Dignity Canada Dignité 2 -- a gay-positive group in Canada.
Nineteen theologians were asked two questions:
- Question 1: In your opinion, does God regard homosexuality as a sin?
- Question 2: In your opinion, do the Scriptures object to homosexuality?
Included in this section are responses from:
- Part 1: 1 Baptist, 2 Episcopal Church, 2 Reformed Judaism, 1 Reconstructionist Judaism
- Part 2: 1 Independent Traditional Judaism, 1 Lutheran, 1 ex-Mormon, 2 Presbyterian, 2 Roman Catholic
- Part 3: 1 Roman Catholic, 1 Unitarian Universalist, 2 United Church of Christ, 2 United Methodist Church
The following information sources were used to prepare and update the above
essay. The hyperlinks are not necessarily still active today.
- "Is Homosexuality a Sin?," Dignity Canada Dignité, at: http://dignitycanada.org/sin.html
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) has its home page at: http://community.pflag.org/
- PFLAG Canada is at: http://www.pflagcanada.ca/
Copyright remains with the individual contributors.
Initial posting: 2011-APR-30