Recommended book for 2015-September
Benjamin L. Corey: "Undiluted: Rediscovering the Radical Message of Jesus" 192 pages
Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store.
$13.01 plus postage in Paperback.
and $9.61 in Kindle format.
Amazon.com book description:
"Are you ready to begin experiencing an undiluted Jesus?
Benjamin Corey confronts our vision of Jesus head-on, asking the hard question: Is what we see and hear in the modern church all there is to the message of Jesus… or is there a more radical side to Jesus than we have been led to believe?
Get ready to encounter a Jesus that is determined to turn over the tables of a stale, ineffective and boring gospel that seeks to escape from the world instead of transforming it.
This radical Jesus and His message...
- Invites us to reorient our lives not on Christian religion, but on the person of Jesus,
- Calls us to live out faith in the context of authentic community with others, instead of isolation,
- Includes the excluded and invites the outcast to have a seat at the table, and
- Responds to enemies with a radical, unexplainable love
'Undiluted' will invite you to step out of your comfort zone and into a process of rediscovering the radical, counter cultural, and life-changing message of Jesus. As you do, you’ll discover a more vibrant faith as you embrace an undiluted Jesus and His radical message!"
You might consider getting a Kindle ebook reader app for your PC, Mac computer, Ipad, etc.:
Amazon.com has many millions of movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, and audiobooks available for download into their Kindle eBook reader or Kindle app. As of 2015-MAY, stand-alone readers cost from $79 and up. Versons of the Kindle app are available for Ipads, PC's, Mac computers, etc.
Benefits to the Kindle:
- Amazon provides FREE reader apps that you can dowload to your PC, tablet, and many other devices.
- Various models of Kindles can store from 1,000 to 3,500 books and are more more portable than lugging thousands of books with you.
- Ebooks can save a lot of money, because eBook versions generally cost significantly less than print versions.
- Amazon makes a suprisingly large number of books available at no cost. Over a million cost $4.99 or less.
- Delivery of the books over the Internet is free and almost instantaneous.
- You don't need to build or expand bookshelves.
- You don't need to dust off Kindle copies of books.
- Think of all the trees that would be saved if more people abandoned printed copies.
- They have a built-in dictionary.
- They are very light and thinner than a pencil.
- Many books can be lent to other Kindle or Kindle app users.
- Battery life if you use a kindle for 30 minutes a day is 4 weeks.
However, beware that some publishers take advantage of buyers, and charge more for the digital versions than for the print versions. We have a policy of not buying such copies.
Ebooks have a search function. You can select passages from books and store them in a text file for use by an editor program on a PC or Mac. They have a built-in dictionary to find the meanings of words.
This banner ad has a link to various stand-alone Kindle models sold by Amazon.com.
Click on the Kindle picture -- not on the "Shop now" link
(unless you want to add a Kindle to your shopping cart.)
Originally written: 2009-MAY-03
Latest update: 2015-SEP-04
Author: B.A. Robinson