Recommended book for 2016-February
"Wisdom for Living as Spiritual Beings" by Dr. Tommy S.W. Wong
Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store.
$11.50 plus postage in Paperback, or $3.90 in Kindle format.
Amazon.com book description:
"While it is easy to live spiritually in a spiritual society, it is undoubtedly challenging to live spiritually in a non-spiritual society. Hence, this book explores the deep questions: (1) How to use beliefs for spiritual living? (2) How do spiritual beings cope with money in a non-spiritual society? (3) What are the characteristics of spiritual beings as compared to physical beings? This book contains a conversation between a young man, Tom, and Guru Harry, who epitomizes someone from a spiritual society and offers a way of living that can lead to peace, love, joy and harmony. In the conversation, they explore all the above questions and other issues related to living spiritually in a non-spiritual society. May this wisdom enable you to live as a spiritual being everywhere!
Dr. Tommy Wong is the author of the book series “Wisdom on How to Live Life”, and other philosophical, spiritual, and self-help books. Since 2009, his books have been available on Amazon and many other online bookstores worldwide. In 2012 and 2013, he was featured on the Radio 938LIVE programme "A Slice of Life Hour". He has also given talks at the Singapore Writers Festival, Heartlands Book Club, Booktique bookstore, Financial Services Consumer Association, as well as various Meetup Groups. Further information about Dr. Wong’s work can be found on his website http://wisdomlife.page4.me/ and the FB page https://www.facebook.com/wisdomlivelife.
No reviews by Amazon customers yet. The book was only released 18 days before this list was written.
You might consider getting a Kindle ebook reader app for your PC, Mac computer, Ipad, etc.:
Amazon.com has many millions of movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, and audiobooks available for download into their Kindle eBook reader or Kindle app. In addition, Kindle allows anyone to download the first portion of Kindle-format books for FREE. As of 2015-MAY, stand-alone readers cost from $79 and up. FREE versons of the Kindle app are available for Ipads, PC's, Mac computers, etc.
Benefits to the Kindle:
- Amazon provides FREE reader apps that you can dowload to your PC, tablet, and many other devices.
- Various models of Kindles can store from 1,000 to 3,500 books and are more more portable than lugging thousands of books with you.
- Ebooks can save a lot of money, because eBook versions generally cost significantly less than print versions.
- Amazon makes a suprisingly large number of books available at no cost. Over a million cost $4.99 or less.
- Delivery of the books over the Internet is free and almost instantaneous.
- You don't need to build or expand bookshelves.
- You don't need to dust off Kindle copies of books.
- Think of all the trees that would be saved if more people abandoned printed copies.
- They have a built-in dictionary.
- They are very light and thinner than a pencil.
- Many books can be lent to other Kindle or Kindle app users.
- Battery life if you use a kindle for 30 minutes a day is 4 weeks.
However, beware that some publishers take advantage of buyers, and charge more for the digital versions than for the print versions. We have a policy of not buying such copies.
Ebooks have a search function. You can select passages from books and store them in a text file for use by an editor program on a PC or Mac. They have a built-in dictionary to find the meanings of words.
This banner ad has a link to various stand-alone Kindle models sold by Amazon.com.
Click on the Kindle picture -- not on the "Shop now" link
(unless you want to add a Kindle to your shopping cart.)
Originally written: 2009-MAY-03
Latest update: 2015-DEC-01
Author: B.A. Robinson