Recommended book for 2016-July
"Epiphany: A Christian's Change of Heart & Mind
over Same-Sex Marriage," by Michael Coren
Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store.
$19.45 plus postage in Hardcover, $14.54 in Kindle format.
Amazon.com book description:
"From the posterboy of Catholic conservatism, a major change of heart and soul on one of the Church's most controversial and intractable stances. ..."
"Michael Coren had a profound spiritual and personal change of heart. Epiphany is about how and why that happened; the reaction from both sides of the fence; and how the Christian doctrine, when studied closely and without bias, heartily supports Michael's findings. As a middle-aged, very white, very straight, very Christian man, he was obliged, first reluctantly and then eagerly, to explore the complex dynamic between faith and homosexuality and to work out a new narrative. The crux of that narrative: God is love.
Honest, brave, and rigorous in its scholarship, Epiphany is a groundbreaking book on one of society's most pressing issues.
This book was released on 2016-APR-26. There are no reviews by Amazon.com customers yet.
You might consider getting a Kindle ebook reader app for your PC, Mac computer, Ipad, etc.:
Amazon.com has many millions of movies, TV shows, songs, magazines, books, and audiobooks available for download into their Kindle eBook reader or Kindle app. In addition, Kindle allows anyone to download the first portion of Kindle-format books for FREE. As of 2015-MAY, stand-alone readers cost from $79 and up. FREE versons of the Kindle app are available for Ipads, PC's, Mac computers, etc.
Benefits to the Kindle:
- Amazon provides FREE reader apps that you can dowload to your PC, tablet, and many other devices.
- Various models of Kindles can store from 1,000 to 3,500 books and are more more portable than lugging thousands of books with you.
- Ebooks can save a lot of money, because eBook versions generally cost significantly less than print versions.
- Amazon makes a suprisingly large number of books available at no cost. Over a million cost $4.99 or less.
- Delivery of the books over the Internet is free and almost instantaneous.
- You don't need to build or expand bookshelves.
- You don't need to dust off Kindle copies of books.
- Think of all the trees that would be saved if more people abandoned printed copies.
- They have a built-in dictionary.
- They are very light and thinner than a pencil.
- Many books can be lent to other Kindle or Kindle app users.
- Battery life if you use a kindle for 30 minutes a day is 4 weeks.
However, beware that some publishers take advantage of buyers, and charge more for the digital versions than for the print versions. We have a policy of not buying such copies.
Ebooks have a search function. You can select passages from books and store them in a text file for use by an editor program on a PC or Mac. They have a built-in dictionary to find the meanings of words.
This banner ad has a link to various stand-alone Kindle models sold by Amazon.com.
Click on the Kindle picture -- not on the "Shop now" link
(unless you want to add a Kindle to your shopping cart.)
Originally written: 2009-MAY-03
Latest update: 2016-JUL-01
Author: B.A. Robinson