Recommended book for 2017-November
"Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People," by Nadia Bolz-Weber
Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store.
$17.80 plus postage in Paperback, $13.99 in Kindle format, or $22.99 in hardcover.
A sampling of Amazon.com book reviews:
- “Unflinchingly honest (and funny)…You don't have to be religious to get something out of this book.”
-NPR’s “Best Books of 2015”
- "[Bolz-Weber] is one of the most important Christian voices around -- not because she has come up with some catchy, easy new way to do faith, but because when talks about the destructive power of sin, as well as redemption and grace, she knows of what she speaks."
- "Wickedly funny and painfully vulnerable, theologically nuanced and lyrically sonorous. [Her] voice communicates the scandal of the Christ and the sacraments of his church with more force and vitality than most writers can hope to summon."
-The Christian Century
- “Engaging and accessible…Bolz-Weber is clear-eyed about the personal travails faced by the marginalized and those without faith.”
- "If Saint Augustine were to return to life and live among us now, he would be Bolz-Weber; and if his Confessions were to be written in 21st century rhetoric and style, they would be this book. Accidental Saints is what every Christian yearns to know is possible."
-Phyllis Tickle, author of The Divine Hours and The Great Emergence
About the Author:
Nadia Bolz-Weber is the founding pastor of House for All Sinners and Saints in Denver, Colorado. She is the author of the New York Times best-selling memoir Pastrix. Nadia has been featured on CNN and in the Washington Post, Bitch Magazine, NPR’s Morning Edition, More Magazine, and the Daily Beast.
Average rating in reviews by 259 Amazon customers: 4.6 out of 5 stars. The book was on the New York Times list of bestsellers in 2015.
This banner ad has a link to various stand-alone Kindle models sold by Amazon.com.
Click on the Kindle picture -- not on the "Shop now" link
(unless you want to add a Kindle to your shopping cart.)
Originally written: 2009-MAY-03
Latest update: 2017-NOV-05
Author: B.A. Robinson