Links to religious/spiritual web sites
Sites promoting Atheism, Agnosticism,
sexularism, skepticism, etc.
The following information hyperlinks were valid when they were checked on 2014-MAY-19. They are not necessarily still active today.
- Agnostics International has three primary objectives:
- To provide a venue for agnostics to discuss the great ineffables, life, universe and everything including god;
- To provide a venue for people of all persuasions to come together and respectfully exchange of ideas.
- To create an opportunity and encourage agnostics to form chapters around the world.
- The American Humanist Association was founded in 1941. It is the
largest Humanist group in the U.S. They have a web site at http://americanhumanist.org/ and publish the Humanist magazine
which is available on many newsstands.
- American Atheists "has been the premier organization
laboring for the civil liberties of Atheists, and the total, absolute
separation of government and religion." See: http://www.atheists.org/
- The Arizona Atheist has a blog on Atheism at: http://arizonaatheist.blogspot.com/
- "Atheism TV is an educational channel dedicated to promoting rational thinking, defend the separation of church and state, and providing support for atheists worldwide." See: http://www.atheismtv.com
- The Atheist Alliance International (AAI) is a global federation of atheist and freethought groups and individuals, committed to educating its members and the public about atheism, secularism and related issues. They publish the magazine "Secular World." See: http://www.atheistalliance.org/
- Atheist & Agnostic Alliance Pakistan (AAAP) is a non-profit group that: "... provides opportunities for non-believers in Pakistan to gather with like-minded people, share their views, and also provide each other with tools to better express themselves online and offline." Their mission is to: "... invite atheists to join each other and help lessen misery and suffering around us." See:
http://aaa-p.com/ Their facebook page is a closed group at: https://www.facebook.com/
- Atheists Concerned for America is dedicated to evaluating current social issues in America from a fresh, free thinking perspective. See: http://www.atheistsconcernedforamerica.com/
- CarryaBigSticker sells numerous religious, secular, political and
other bumper stickers. including the following bumper sticker, mini sticker, fridge magnet:
- Disbeliefnet is a skeptical web site providing exposes of
various religions. Their slogan is: "You won't believe what people believe."
- Earthward's name is an acronym for Earth's Atheist Resistance To
Holy Wars And Religious Devastation. They are a organization of peace
activists who concentrate on helping individuals and groups who are suffering
from oppression by religious groups. See: https://www.care2.com/
- In His own image is a website "... dedicated to freedom of thought [. It] examines the Judaeo-Christian Bible, upon which the religious principles of Judaism, Christianity and Islam were founded, questioning all that is neither logical, plausible, physically possible, scientifically established, technologically practical, nor consistent with archaeological facts -- along the way, we try to have some fun! "See: http://in-his-own-image.com/
- The web site of the Leading Edge International Research Group
includes an interesting, critical essay on belief systems. See:
- The Center for Naturalism promotes promotes science-based naturalism as a comprehensive worldview -- a rational and fulfilling alternative to faith-based religions and other varieties of supernaturalism. See: http://naturalism.org/
- Positive Atheism promotes and extends the philosophy which
was begun by Gora in India. He authored a book by the same name. See:
- The Secular Coalition for America (SCA) is a coalition of "... progressive groups from nontheists and agnostics, to minorities and environmentalists, to Jewish and Christian organizations -- all striving to bring to the table critical thought and rational discussion based on science and reason, rather than dogma and corporate profits." Included in the coalition, as of late 2010, are: American Atheists, American Ethical Union, American Humanist Association, Atheist Alliance International, Camp Quest, Council for Secular Humanism, Institute for Humanist Studies, Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers, Secular Student Alliance, Society for Humanistic Judaism (offline as of 2014-MAY-19). More details.
- The Secular Student Alliance promotes "... the ideals of scientific and critical inquiry, democracy, secularism, and human-based ethics." They "... envision a future in which nontheistic students are respected voices in public discourse and vital partners in the secular movement's charge against irrationality and dogma." See: http://www.secularstudents.org/
- The Secular Web is operated by Internet Infidels, Inc. It promotes and defends a naturalistic world view. See: http://infidels.org/
- The Skeptic Arena has extensive material on matters skeptical: movie reviews, book reviews, podcasts, and an extensive list of links to other skeptical religions. See: http://theskepticarena.com/
- The Universal Church Triumphant of the Apathetic Agnostic offers
information on Agnosticism. Their motto is "We don't know and
we don't care." See: http://www.uctaa.org/
- Freethought Eden is "a guide, forum, and info source on
freethinking religions and religious alternatives." See: http://www.oberlin.edu/
See also our list of Humanist web sites.
Book searches at Amazon.com:
The following images show books on various topics from the Amazon.com
book data base. If you see a generic ad here, please click on your browser's refresh button:
Books on Agnosticism:
Books on Atheism:
Books on Humanism:
Copyright © 1996 to 2014 by Ontario
Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Latest update: 2014-AUG-11
Author: B.A. Robinson