Thought provoking Emails that our visitors have
sent us on about 50 topics ... with our responses
Most of the Emails from our web site's visitors fall into one of four categories -- those
General praise for our web site. We enjoy
General condemnation of our entire web site. Some
of these are quite amusing. Others contain death threats and are a bit scary.
||A description of an apparent error in one of our essays.
||Interesting theological, ethical, spiritual, and scientific questions.
We have published a few representative samples of Emails containing praise and condemnation
elsewhere on this site. Some of these are
quite positive and encouraging; others are quite abusive, nasty, and vicious.
Occasionally, we receive death threats. We
investigate any reported errors and correct our essays as needed. We respond to death threats by keeping our heads down, and by not revealing our exact location or appearance. We don't publish a photograph of our staff members' outward appearance. We use a picture of their internal structure instead:
This section lists some of the interesting
theological/religious/moral/spiritual questions raised by our site
visitors. We have disguised the identity of the individuals who originated
the Email. We have re-written their questions for reasons of brevity or
clarity, and to hid the identity of the sender.
Almost all of the essays on our web site attempt to describe all
points of view on a given topic.
This section is an exception.
Only one of our staff members, working alone, replies to each
visitor's questions. Thus, each response consist of one person's
viewpoint. They may not reflect those of the rest of our group or even of the majority of our group.
Topics discussed in this section:
- Mine is the only true Christian denomination
Who is a Christian?
- Group prayer with an Atheist.
- What religion should I choose?
- Is Christ the Lord, or a liar or lunatic?
- I am being harassed; what do I do?
- The causes of religiously motivated conflicts and genocides.
- Should this site ban ads related to Wicca and the casting of spells?
- Why do people reject absolute truth?
- Is it OK for a newspaper to show a picture of two lesbians?
- Was Irenaeus correct? Will God refuse to forgive a sin committed after one is saved?
- Is the one third of the world's population that will be
destroyed during Armageddon from Africa?
- Satanic Ritual Abuse happens a lot.
- Female Genital Mutilation.
Who is a Christian?
- Scientists' beliefs about evolution.
- Wiccans and other Neopagans describing themselves as "Pagans."
- Causes of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD).
- Evolution is false.
- What is a Christian, revisited.
- Tolerance and truth are incompatible.
- The 9-11 terrorist attack.
- Abortion in America is the greatest genocide.
- What religion should I follow?
- God and the Bible are intolerant
- Are you guys a bunch of wacos?
- Can therapy change gays?
- You have to stand for something or fall for everything.
- You know that God exists.
- God says that abortion is murder, because life begins at conception.
- How can you advertise spell kits on your web site?
- Does religion cause conflict or bring people together?
- The use of BCE and CE is spineless and repulsive.
- What happens during an abortion?
- People of different religions cannot live peacefully together.
- Your site is a fraud; you lie about creation science.
Religious tolerance is evil.
- Posting a notice of a church's Easter drama in a public school.
- Should we tolerate falsehood?
- Why doesn't this web site take a stand on abortion?
- How can a Christian discount anything in the Bible?
- Adam & Eve and homosexuality.
- Because of our essay on Jesus and sin, we must be from Satan!
- How do I find the one true religion?
- Did Jesus die on the cross?
- A general attack.
- Roman Catholics, abortion, and birth control usage
- Change the name of our web site.
- Is a fetus human?
- Compulsory parenthood.
- Another Email critical of the CE and BCE notation.
- Refusing to compromise beliefs.
- The Bible is errant.
- Overcoming fear-based childhood religious training.
We will be adding to this list as additional Emails arrive.
Copyright © 2000 to 2014 by Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Originally written: 2000-SEP-23
Latest update: 2014-OCT-02
Author: B.A. Robinson