Catholic guidelines for politicians and other believers
Is the church action a form of blackmail?
Should the public vote for Catholics?
- "U.S. voters warned by bishop," Los Angeles Times, reprinted
in the Toronto Star, 2004-MAY-15, Page A16.
"A pastoral letter to the Catholic faithful
of the Diocese of Colorado Springs on the duties of Catholic politicians
and voters," at:
- Robert Broderick, Ed., "Catholic Encyclopedia: Revised and updated
edition," Nelson, (1987), Page 272. Read
reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com online book store
- "Catechism of the Catholic Church," Topic 1782.
- Ibid., 1783.
- Ibid., 2032 and Code of Canon Law 747.2.
- Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, "Doctrinal note on some questions regarding the
participation of Catholics in political life," Offices of the Congregation for
the Doctrine of the Faith, 2002-NOV-24, at:
- "Ralph Nader on Abortion," at:
- Pope Paul VI, "Humanae Vitae. Encyclical of Pope Paul VI on the
regulation of birth," 1968-JUL-25, at:
- "KENNEDY TO KERRY: Kerry, Catholics and the White House,"
ReligionLink.org, 2004-MAY-03, at:
- John-Henry Westen, "US Bishops Set to Tell Catholics Opposed to
Teaching on Abortion or Homosexuality not to Receive Communion",
LifeSiteNews, 2006-OCT-20, at:
Copyright � 2004 to 2006 by Ontario Consultants on Religious
Originally written: 2004-MAY-15
Latest update: 2006-OCT-22
Author: B.A. Robinson