Religious violence; Christian history...
Slavery from biblical times until now
The image was taken from the seal of the
Committee for the Abolition of the Slave Trade,
Topics covered in this section:
- William Lee Miller, "Arguing About Slavery: The Great Battle in the United States Congress."
Alfred A. Knopf, (1996), Page 139.
- "Interfaith Relations and the Churches," a Policy Statement of the National Council of the
Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. See:
- Quotation from an interview of John Ashcroft by the Southern Partisan magazine, 1999. (Ashcroft was
confirmed as U.S. Attorney General in 2001-FEB.) Quoted in "Echoes of slavery as Bush nominees back confederacy,"
The Guardian, at:
- Fiqh us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 67. This is a group of sayings attributed to Muhammad. They were collected by
his followers shortly after his death.
- Gary DeMar, "Does the Bible Support Slavery?," American Vision™, at:
- "A brief history of the American Civil War," at:
- "A new film 'Amazing Grace' inspires a new abolitionist movement," National
Council of Churches, 2007-JAN-26, at:
- "Garrison’s Defense of His Positions," Teaching American History, at:
Copyright © 1999 to 2019 by Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Latest update and reviewed: 2019-APR-14
Author: B.A. Robinson