Recommended books about spirituality
If you buy books, tapes, toys, etc. from Amazon.com, please consider using
the above graphic when you go to their site. It doesn't cost you anything, and
it results in a commission of 5% to 15% to us. There are similar graphics
half-way down our main home page as well for folks in the U.S., Canada and the UK..
Some websites supplying free books on spirituality:
- Buddhanet is a service of the Buddha Dharma Education Association. They operate an eLibrary, make audio recordings available, operate an eStore, etc.
FreeSpiritualBooks.net provides lists of spiritual books that you can download for free! They suggest that you:
"Use the menu to explore websites with free books, dig into the materials of your favorite teachers, or browse high-end copies of famous spiritual books. Rather than a single library Free Spiritual Books is a portal guiding you to the best libraries and books available for free on the web."
- Open Library, a service of the Internet Archive, has as its goal "One web page for every book ever published." They currently have over 20 million books described, including many of a spiritual nature. You can browse by subject, by author or by lists that members have created. They also operate an online library that allows you to borrow eBooks.
- Project Gutenberg, a service of Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation (PGLAF) "offers over 40,000 free ebooks: choose among free epub [and] ... kindle books. Many are on spritual topics.
Some websites supplying daily Emails that list free or low cost Kindle eBooks:
- Inspired Reads emails subscribers daily with "Christian books on a budget"
- Pixel of Ink® provides daily emails listing mostly free Kindle eBooks, of which some are spiritual in nature.
- Ereader News Today sends daily emails with "tips, tricks and [lists of] bargain books for your Kindle."
Some spiritual books that we recommend:
- George Crumpler, "David: The untold story," PublishAmerica, (2004). More than a biography of the Hebrew King David, this book
covers the period from just before the death of Eli through the ascension of Solomon to the throne, a period of about eighty years. The author
....goes beyond a mere retelling of the events and takes the reader inside the mind and psyche of the characters of this epoch of biblical
history. Read reviews or order this book safely from Amazon.com
online book store.
- Bernhard Haring, et al., "Tolerance: Towards an ethic of solidarity and peace," Alba House, (1995)
Read reviews or order this book.
- Nancy O'Meara, "Tolerance 101: Practical solutions for interfaith family problems." Foundation for Religious Freedom, (1999).
An Amazon.com reviewer writes: " 'Tolerance 101' should be prominently displayed in every library, church, temple,
mosque etc. in the country. This book provides a valuable service to people of all religious persuasions."
Read reviews or order this book.
- Philip Zaleski, "The best spiritual writing 1999,"
Harper San Francisco, (1999). "...a significant addition to
the spiritual literature of our time." Read
reviews or order this book.
- Patricia Aburdene, "Megatrends 2010: The Rise of Conscious Capitalism,"
Hampton Roads, (2005). Aburdene suggests that the next big change in
American business will not be another technological advance. It will be the
advance of the human spirit into everyday commerce. Amazon.com's reviewer
"....more and more companies are discovering that placing social and
environmental values ahead of the bottom line is actually helping to boost
profits....Aburdene investigates 'corporate social responsibility'
and identifies seven new megatrends that will redefine business in the
reviews or order this book
A list of spiritual books from Amazon.com:
If you see a generic Amazon.com ad here, or to see a new selection of books, click on your browser's refresh key
Copyright © 2001 to 2012 by Ontario Consultants on Religious
Originally written: 2001-NOV-11
Latest update: 2012-SEP-24
Author: B.A. Robinson