About this web site:
Unlike almost all other religious web sites, we don't promote the beliefs and practices of a single denomination, faith group, or sect within a single religion.
Instead we try to explain the beliefs, practices, and history of a wide range of faith groups, and promote religious understanding, coexistence, cooperation, and tolerance.
Other web sites that discuss religious information generally include only news that has developed in the immediate past -- perhaps during the previous day. This web site often tells a complete story from beginning to end, sometimes covering a few weeks or even years. An example was the story of the 50 murders at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand during 2019-MAR. We covered developments over a month's time in five articles. Another was the 2019-APR fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. We consolidated information from nine news articles published over a few days into a single article about the tragedy.
All medical, legal, and other information on this web site is for educational purposes only. For specific information including advice, diagnoses, options, and treatment, see your physician, lawyer or other professional.
Visitors come to this web site from all over the world. So, we had to select a uniform style for dates. We chose a Year-Month-Day sequence, like 2019-APR-11, which is clear and unambiguous. If we had used a convention like 04-11-19 then some visitors would read this as April 11, 2019 and others would decode it as NOV-04, 2019.
To designate years, rather than use the AD/BC convention which is Christian in origin, we use the newer universal designations:
CE is equivalent to AD and refers to the "Common Era:" dates that run from 1 to the present year 2019.
BCE is equivalent to BC. It refers to dates "Before the Common Era." that run before 1 CE.
A sampling of recent new/updated reports:
This should give you an idea of the range of topics that we cover.
- "Nashville Statement"
- Ozone depletion & the CFC ban
- Baker Won't Make Wedding Cake; case before Supreme Court
- About transgender military service members
- Gay marriage legalized in both Austria and Australia.
- Controversy about the use of gender-neutral, personal pronouns
- Former Chief Justice Moore
of Alabama runs for the Senate, and loses
- Essays donated by contributing editor, Susan Humphreys:
- Religion the United Kingdom (UK): Banning Franklin Graham from the UK
- Two examples of the Golden Rule trumping a religious tradition
- Gay marriage in Australia: Part 33: 2017-DEC: The first "intent to marry" forms issued. The first same-sex marriage
- An essay donated by: Gabriel Gherasim: "The Final Solution, or Am I worth living?"
- 2017-DEC: U.S. Supreme Court & the 9th Circuit Court rule on Trump's travel ban
- Life events shared by Yeshua (Jesus) and the "Mythic Hero Archetype"
- "The Christmas Wars / Christmas Dilemma. Part 3"
- Gay marriages in Bermuda Part 1 Part 2: Legalized during 2017; may shortly be cancelled.
- Imbolc, a Wiccan and Neopagan seasonal day of celebration a.k.a. Groundhog Day, Snowdrop Festival, etc.
- Christian Humanism: al liberal faith within Christianity.
- Assessing the will of God through prayer; is it reliable?
- The Presbyterian Church (USA) redefines marriage and gives their clergy the choice of solemnizing the marriages of same-sex couples.
- Climate Change 2017-OCT to 2018-FEB
- Deism, God, the Big Bang, Matter, & Motion, an essay discussing Deist beliefs and the existence of God, contributed by Contributing Editor Susan Humphreys
- Updating the New Testament, an essay donated by Alton C. Thompson about the Golden Rule.
- Beliefs about God, by Stephen Hawking, an Atheist who died during the morning of 2018-MAR-14
- School Shootings, mostly in North America: 2010 until now. Changes after shooting in Parkland, FL
- Beliefs about God, by Stephen Hawking, an Atheist
- Proposal to Create a Life Enhancement Group (LEG), an article donated by Alton C. Thompson
- An Extensive Study of the "Pillars of Practice" in Islam, an essay donated by Professor Hafiz Ikram Ullah
- Mississippi creates law to ban abortions after 15 weeks
- New Years resolutions, donated by Contributing Editor Susan Humphreys
- "People are Naturally Good, But ...:" an essay donated by Alton C. Thompson about selfish and cooperative behavior.
- School Shootings, in North America During 2018-MAR/APR.
Student walkouts. Public reactions.
- About the biblical story of Sodom & Gomorrah: Introduction
Thua is in response to a new European Union data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which became effective on 2018-MAY-25.
Visitors come to to this web site from around the world:
Most visitors come from the U.S. Many others come from Canada, Central America and Europe.
We have never been able to figure out
who the various isolated folks are, who are floating in the southern Pacific Ocean, Indian ocean, near Madagascar, etc.
The entire site is copyrighted © 1995 to 2018 by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance.
Our U.S. postal address is: OCRT, PO Box 128, Watertown, NY, 13601, USA.
Our Canadian postal address is:
OCRT, PO Box 22035, RPO Cataraqui, Kingston ON, Canada K7M 8S5.
actual Canadian location is kept confidential because of the hate email and death threats that we receive.
For copyright purposes, this website is registered in Canada as "Religious Tolerance: Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance."
Copyright © 1995 to 2018 by the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Author: B.A. Robinson
Latest update: 2018-DEC-08