Links to other information websites
Internet Resources About
Free photo downloaded from www.pixabay.com
"Think about the unthinkable...then you will be better prepared to financially survive it."
Carole Walker, Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association (RMIIA)
They can strike anywhere, at any time; we’re completely at the Earth’s mercy on this one. Now is a great time to get educated and prepare for if an earthquake should strike at your location!
Various safety and disaster topics:
Hurricanes: The South Carolina prepared an excellent report, concerning Hurricane Florence which hit the Carolinas during mid-2018-SEP. But it is of general interest. See: https://twitter.com/ They recommend to:
- Stay indoors and away from windows and glass doors.
- Remain alert. Tornadoes are frequently spawned during hurricanes and tropical storms.
One interesting part of the report deals with flood waters.
- 6 inches (15 cm.) of fast moving water can knock over and carry away an adult.
- 12 inches (30 cm) of fast moving water can carry away a small car.
- 18 to 24 inches (45 to 60 cm) of fast moving water can carry away most large SUVs. vans and trucks.
- Gas powered electrical generators must never be used inside one's home or garage because of the danger of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO cannot be seen, smelled, or heard. "Locate generators outside, more than 20 feet (six meters) from your home, doors, and windows."
Emergency preparedness for seniors: See:
The American Red Cross has a Disaster and Safety Library to assist you in preparing your home, school and workplace in the event of many disasters or emergencies including chemical spills, drought, earthquakes, and other topics from Flu to Winter Storms. See: http://www.redcross.org/
The Dealspotr.com web site features discounts on emergency supplies, emergency preparedness courses, information on disaster preparation, etc. See: https://dealspotr.com/article/discounts-on-emergency-disaster-preparation-supplies
Disaster Preparedness for People With Disabilities: http://www.jik.com/
Protecting Your Pet, at:
Home Lightning Safety: http://www.homecity.com/
Preparing for Disasters in Your Home: What to Buy, What to Skip: https://www.retailmenot.com/
How to Save on Emergency Supplies â€“ Disaster Prep on a Budget: https://www.couponchief.com/
Important Legal Documents for Emergency Preparedness: https://www.justgreatlawyers.com/
How to Organize and Prepare for Disasters: http://www.yourstoragefinder.com/
The Muslim Times has prepared a list of recommendations on: "What to do if a nuclear disaster is imminent!" See: https://themuslimtimes.info/
Do You Need Disaster Insurance for Your Home?
Original posting: 2015-JUL-23
Latest update : 2018-SEP-15
Most data was supplied by visitors to this web site. Thank you